Saturday, April 5, 2008

April 5th 2008

I'm exhausted. Today, we (and by me, I mean me and the fam) watched general conference. The whole time I crochetted on this REALLY cute baby blankie that I'm making:) My oldest sister, Samantha, is having a baby girl named Amelia Gwen Kennicott!!! I am SO excited to be an aunt!! I just got my license, so when she is born, I'll be babysitting her a lot. I want to take her to the zoo, wheeler farm(of course when she gets a little older), and to all these cute little kid places!! So yeah, back to the blanket. It's dark pink, light pink, and white. I'll get a picture of it so far on here as soon as I can kife a camera. But it's turning out really well, so I'm happy for the most part... I dunno what's wrong with me lately. I'm kinda depressive, but I'll get over it, I'm sure. Just REALLY stressed with everything. But anywho, other than that slight very minor factor, things are ok. I started season 8 of friends and BAM!!! Joey likes Rachel!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!?!?!? But it's kinda weird since she's pregnant and all. And I know that in the end, she really does end up with Ross, but it sould be NOW!! lol.. Wow. My life. The Twilight series and Friends. I'm a total loser:) But it's ok because it's not like I'm trying to impress anyone, right? Ha.......Ha............... But yeah. Things are ok.



Broken

Each wrong word brings the blade closer,
The intentions of pain settle deep,
She's trying, she's helpless,
She's crying but can't confess.
She loves him too much, too complete.
Each remark cuts and the tip finally touches,
The soft perfect skin starts to tear.
Her blood that is spilling's too innocent, too willing,
He'd save her, but doesn't really care.

His eyes were too blind, and his heart was too cold,
But she reached for him, crying his name.
Yet he still couldn't hear, and he didn't look back,
And he left, ignoring her pain.
Shoved in still deeper, the blood flowed more freely,
Her breath caught, she chocked on the tears.
Until finally it cracked, scarred and broken in pieces,
Her heart leaking all of its fears.


Ok, so when I let my stupid, not-my-friend-anymore friend Cassie read this, she said that I sound emo. But I guess I can see that. It sounds like I'm talking about cutting, but I'm not. It's totally metaphorical as in the words he was saying and the things he was doing just hurt her more and more. But anyways, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

vince said...

Shanz, you are a way talented poet. But then why should I be surprised? I would love, however, to read some uplifting and inspiring verse of your compostion.

Also, don't forget to make Brad a giant one-zee (sp?) once the blanket is done! ;)

Samantha Kennicott said...

Hey Shannon, I didn't even know you had a blog til I saw the link for it on Mary's! I am loving the blanket, it is so cute. The giant onesie idea is hilarious, but would be actually kind of creepy to see. :) You will be a great aunt!

The poem is very good and very sad. Reminds me of the bitter about boys poetry I used to write in high school. :) You are just talented at pretty much everything.